Back to News
COVID Vaccination update
Posted on 31 Dec 2020
The surgery is receiving a high volume of phone calls about covid vaccine appointments following the government’s announcement that the Astra Zeneca vaccine was approved for use this week.
We are working with our neighbouring practices to prepared for when we receive more vaccines and aim to offer these as fast as we can to all in at risk groups in their order of priority listed below:-
- 1. Older adults in a care home and care home workers
2. All those who are 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers
3. All those who are 75 years of age and over
4. All those who are 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals, excluding pregnant women and those under 18 years of age
5. All those who are 65 years of age and over
6. Individuals aged 16 to 64 years with underlying health conditions
7. All those aged 60 and over
8. All those aged 55 and over
9. All those aged 50 and over
If you have had a vaccine from the first delivery and have an appointment booked for a second dose shortly please keep this appointment.
For everyone else please make sure we have an up to date contact number for you so that we can text you when vaccines are available.
For health care workers registered at Westgate Surgery please e mail us on email@example.com with your job title and contact details and we will contact you as soon as doses are available.