Covid-19 vaccination information
We are providing Covid-19 vaccinations at Minster Surgery for our own patients and those from the following practices:
· Ash Surgery
· Birchington Medical Practice
· Broadstairs Medical Practice
· St Peters Surgery
· Westgate Surgery
We are inviting patients based on the national priority list. Please be patient and wait to be contacted about when the vaccine is available for you. There will be home visits for housebound patients.
Please read the questions and answers below about our local vaccination service. Our phone lines are very busy; please help us to keep lines open for people needing to make appointments for other health matters.
Which priority group are you currently inviting?
As of 14/1/2021 we are currently inviting:
· Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
· All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
· All those 75 years of age and over
· All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
· All those 65 years of age and over. All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
· All those 60 years of age and over
· All those 55 years of age and over
· All those 50 years of age and over
How do you prioritise who is invited first from people in each priority group?
We are following national Guidelines for invitations
How are you contacting people to invite them for a vaccine?
We are contacting patients via SMS message and by phone
If I cannot attend an appointment what should I do?
If you have received and accepted an invitation for a Covid-19 vaccine we would strongly encourage you to prioritise coming to the appointment. If for unavoidable reasons you cannot make it please call 01843 821333 to cancel so that we can invite someone else.
How are you supporting patients with dementia to get vaccinated?
We will be contacting our patients and/or their carers to arrange appointments
Is there transport available for getting to the vaccine clinic?
We would ask that anyone who does not have their own transport tries to arrange a lift with a friend or relative. If that is not possible … Local community bus is available on 01843602030 which costs £3 each way.